- All classes are live from 1pm-3pm EASTERN, on Mondays. See the schedule below.
- All presentations are recorded and available to registered participants
- Options: Join live webinar classes, or view recording
- National Certified Counselors who want NBCC CE credit need to attend the live webinars.
- Course includes recommended reading materials, resources, and small group discussions.
- A Certificate of Completion is awarded to all attendees who view the whole course, whether through live sessions or by viewing the recordings and evaluating.
- Attendees will be assigned to small discussion groups for collaboration and study. Groups can meet by phone and are not mandatory but highly encouraged to enhance learning.
- Refunds are available if requested by September 1, 2020. After September 1, partial refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- PSI member Discount: Sign in to NEON to receive the member rate.
- To request accommodations for differing abilities: please contact email@example.com
- September 14, 2020 Class 1: Overview of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders Wendy N. Davis, PhD, PMH-C
- September 21, 2020 Class 2: Screening, Assessment/Intake, Breastfeeding, Treatment Options Birdie Gunyon Meyer, RN, MA, CLC, PMH-C
- October 5 , 2020 Class 3: Evidence Based Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy Kristy Christopher-Holloway, EdD, LPC, NCC, BC-TMH, CPCS, ACS, PHM-C
- October 19, 2020 Class 4: Dads and Perinatal Mental Health Danny Singley, PhD, APBB
- November 2, 2020 Class 5: Psychological Gestation of Pregnancy and Postpartum Diana Lynn Barnes, PsyD, MFT, PMH-C
- November 16, 2020 Class 6: Additional Considerations and Cultural Competency Gabrielle Kaufman, MA, LPCC, BC-DMT, NCC, PMH-C
- November 30, 2020 Class 7: Perinatal Mental Health and Psychopharmacology Chris Raines RN MSN APRN-BC
- December 14, 2020 Class 8: Resources for Families, Professionals, and Communities Wendy N. Davis, PhD, PMH-C and Joy Burkhard, MBA
Continuing Education Credits:
To receive CEs from national NASW, you will need to take a post-test of each class.
Nurses who are not able to view the live webinar need to complete the post-test for that class.
CEs for Psychologists: Postpartum Support International (PSI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Postpartum Support International (PSI) maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The total course provides 16 CE contact hours.
NURSES: This continuing nursing education activity was approved for 16 credit hours by Oregon Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
CMEs: This Live series activity, Postpartum Support International Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training for Mental Health and Clinical Professionals , from 09/14/2020 - 12/14/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. CMEs: AMA/AAFP Equivalency: AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. These CMEs can also be applied by Nurse Midwives and Advanced-practice Nurses.
SOCIAL WORKERS: This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886708348-5442) for 16 continuing education contact hours.
- NBCC: Postpartum Support International has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6765. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Postpartum Support International is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. “In order to award NBCC credit, the Provider must ensure that the participant attended the live program, and was present for the number of NBCC hours indicated on the certificate or letter of completion, as required by Section I.3.”
- Occupational Therapists: PSI is an approved provider of CEUs by American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), Provider #11342. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition.
- CAPPA: PSI is an approved provider of continuing education by CAPPA
- LMFTs, LPCs, LMFTs: Check with your state or national CE board for recipricol approval. Most boards accept CEs from organizations that are approved sponsors of APA.
Participants will be able to:
1. List the types of pregnancy and postpartum mood and anxiety disorders. (PMDs.)
2. Identify evidence-based risk factors for development of PMDs.
3. Describe theories of cause/etiology
4. List validated screening tools for PMDs.
5. Identify effective intake questions
6. Describe common issues related to breastfeeding and PMDs.
7. Describe 2 commonly-used non-traditional treatment approaches.
8. Name 3 evidence-based models used to treat perinatal mood disorders.
9. Describe common therapeutic issues and themes in perinatal mental health.
10. Describe how trauma and loss influence perinatal mental health.
11. Describe 3-5 special considerations and identify how these considerations impact treatment of PMH.
12. Identify the role of cultural competence in identification and treatment of maternal depression.
13. Discuss prevalence of depression and anxiety in new fathers
14. Describe common ways that mood disorders manifest in men
15. Describe effective methods to support partners.
16.Describe assessment for psychosis
17. Describe at least 4 concerns that women with severe mental illness have around motherhood.
18. Describe risks and benefits of psychopharmacological treatment in pregnancy and lactation
19. Identify resources for evidence-based data about medication during pregnancy and lactation
20. Describe reliable resources for patient support and information
21. Identify resources for community and systems development for perinatal mental health systems.
Contact Stacey@2020mom.org with questions about the webinar.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about PSI Membership.
Contact email@example.com to submit grievances