Please upgrade your browser.
To receive CEs from national NASW, you will need to take a post-test of each class.
Nurses who are not able to view the live webinar need to complete the post-test for that class.
CMEs: This Live series activity, Postpartum Support International Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training for Mental Health and Clinical Professionals , from 02/25/2019 - 06/03/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
SOCIAL WORKERS: This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886708348-6678) for 16 continuing education contact hours.
NURSES: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by Oregon Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation. OCEAN credits apply for all states. Approval valid through 6/5/2019. 16 credit hours. OCEAN ID #2016-23. The Oregon Nurses Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as an Approver of Continuing Education (CE) for nurses. As such, they can approve CE for groups, or organizations, providing continuing education activities to nurses.
Participants will be able to:
1. List the types of pregnancy and postpartum mood and anxiety disorders. (PMDs.)
2. Identify evidence-based risk factors for development of PMDs.
3. Describe theories of cause/etiology
4. List validated screening tools for PMDs.
5. Identify effective intake questions
6. Describe common issues related to breastfeeding and PMDs.
7. Describe 2 commonly-used non-traditional treatment approaches.
8. Name 3 evidence-based models used to treat perinatal mood disorders.
9. Describe common therapeutic issues and themes in perinatal mental health.
10. Describe how trauma and loss influence perinatal mental health.
11. Describe 3-5 special considerations and identify how these considerations impact treatment of PMH.
12. Identify the role of cultural competence in identification and treatment of maternal depression.
13. Discuss prevalence of depression and anxiety in new fathers
14. Describe common ways that mood disorders manifest in men
15. Describe effective methods to support partners.
16.Describe assessment for psychosis
17. Describe at least 4 concerns that women with severe mental illness have around motherhood.
18. Describe risks and benefits of psychopharmacological treatment in pregnancy and lactation
19. Identify resources for evidence-based data about medication during pregnancy and lactation
20. Describe reliable resources for patient support and information
21. Identify resources for community and systems development for perinatal mental health systems.
|Powered by NeonCRM|